LFC Atlanta is moving to Fádo Buckhead
We have an exciting announcement to make which ensures the future growth of LFC Atlanta as a supporters’ group. Effective immediately and starting with the first game on Sunday, August 12 vs. West Ham, LFC Atlanta will be moving to a new location. While this hasn’t been an easy decision to make, we are moving our supporters’ group home pub to Fado’s Irish Pub in Buckhead!
There are many reasons for this, but primarily we wanted to make sure we could continue to offer the best value and experience for LFC Atlanta members. We have had an incredible 8 years at Meehan’s Downtown and want to place on record our thanks to the management and staff there, present and past, that helped us grow into the group we are today. We leave with mutual agreement and no hard feelings – Meehan’s was very understanding of our decision and wishes all of us a happy future and open arms to pay a visit for a few pints at any time.
What is exciting and should be of particular interest to everyone are the additional benefits we will all realize as members of our new home. Below are the primary items we have agreed upon, with the potential for more to follow in the future:
• 20% off food tab for LFC Atlanta members
• Free parking – 3-hour validation
• Discounted drink specials and a consistent $5 rotating beer offer at all times
• Reserved seating for all LFC games
• Ongoing jersey, gift card or similar donations from Fado for us to raffle off
• Customized LFC menus, including discounted buckets of beer, pitchers and shots
• End of season party provided by Fado
• Assistance in selection of annual beer and liquor sponsors
• Roof top patio to be made available at no cost for organized events
• Significant marketing and branding support for special events as needed
• Commitment to other events, including golf outings or trivia nights with branded support
• A significantly larger space to grow into for the exciting seasons to come
While we realize this changes things a bit from a geographic perspective, we hope that this is not a deterrent and is more than offset by all of the above new benefits. Fado is a very secure national chain with significant experience hosting and supporting groups like ours. It has offered its full support to our group – the GM is a huge Liverpool fan and is very excited to make Fado our new home to grow with us.
As with any change in life, there will always be a few growing pains and things to learn as we go. We will, however, endeavor to make your fan experience as fun and engaging as it was previously. We of course welcome all ideas and suggestions from all of you for how we can continue to improve your experience being a part of Atlanta’s oldest, largest and best supporters’ group.
It’s an exciting change and we look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday at Fado Buckhead!
LFC Atlanta Board